ACET has been defined as one of the best Engineering Colleges located in Aligarh. The campus is a place to find valued Friendship and to cherish unforgettable Moments.We, here at ACET, strongly condemn any kind of ragging practices. Our students welcome the newcomers with open heart and share advices not to get indulge in violence or any unhealthy practices. Our best Faculty members always indoctrinate good moral values with education in our leaners and that is what sets us apart from the rest.
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student ;
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
- With or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
01 – The Anti-Ragging Committee of the ACET shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each Incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of Anti Ragging Squad.
02 – The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to these found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely;
03 – Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
04 – Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
05 – Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
06 – Withholding results
07 – Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
08 – Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
09 – Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
10 – Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period. In case, where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
11 – An Appeal against the order of punishment by Anti-Ragging Committee shall lie,
12 – In case of an order of an Institution, affiliated to or constituent part, of a University, to the Vice-Chancellor of the University;
13 – In case of an order of a University, to its Chancellor.
14 – In Case of an Institution of national importance created by an Act of Parliament, to the Chairman or Chancellor of the Institution, as the case may be.